11/12/09

update-ish

Ten months. Wow. I've been here for a long time, rafiki zangu. I'm getting used to a lot of things. I always drive on the right-right side of the road now (as opposed to driving on the right-wrong, left-wrong, or left-right sides)!

The beginnings of spring have been absolutely incredible! I've been awestruck as seemingly dead twigs grew bulbous on the ends, then changed color and texture, and finally burst out into the most beautiful flowers. I love sitting on yellow grass and seeing brand new green shoots coming up through it. New life is just so ridiculously awesome. God gave us a world that's just bursting with complexity, beauty and unique truth when he could have been bland and utilitarian.

Long conversations with good friends are still among my favorite things, and I've been reading a lot of good books that are stretching my mind. I'm in the middle of nailing down my class schedule for the next 3 years (a frightening endeavor for me, since I like keeping my option open). Theoretically, by the end of the semester, I will officially be an International Development major with a Missions minor. I can hardly believe that this is working out so perfectly.

I get frustrated when people say "Africa" like the whole continent is some fairly homogeneous mixture of poverty and instability, but it doesn't hit me like it used to. I can look at pictures for extended periods of time without missing it so much I could cry. I'm going back to Uganda in May, which will be so good. It's only for three weeks, but I'll be able to visit friends and hopefully do some shadowing at various development organizations and whatnot. I'm rather (extremely) excited.

Well, I realize that this is pretty haphazard as far as updates go. Sorry please. There is no what to do, I guess. Be blessed, mes amis. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment