10/13/09

frozen hands, colder toes, lots of rain...

See that title up there? That's the way of things right now. It's getting cold. It's been in the 50s and constantly rainy today. Tomorrow looks like it'll be about the same.

Sometimes I can walk outside, stand up under the coldness, breathe in the cold air, and appreciate the freshness of it. More often, I walk out and the cold wind bites my face spitefully, trying to blow me all the way back to equatorial warmth and sunshine.

I don't know if I can get used to this. Right now, getting out from under my warm covers in the morning is an exercise in strength of will, and I hate the process of deciding what to wear. I know that whatever I choose, it won't be warm enough, and it will just get wet in Searcy's current never ending drizzle or the new Harding Sidewalks River.

You know what though? Life is okay. I'm a pretty big fan. My hands stay cold, but my heart is pretty warm. God is blessing me a whole lot. And that's really all I want to say with this rambling blog post.

Be blessed, friends.

2 comments:

  1. I like this. We've never had snow in the Philippines. Sometimes it gets so hot, and sometimes it gets so cold. The weather's been crazy lately, but yeah, it's awesome.

    Craziness topped with love is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been to the thrift stores in Searcy yet? I bought a woolen trench coat at the Methodist Thrift Store my freshman year that pretty much saved my life. Best $10 I ever spent. Good luck trying to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete