10/1/09

people.

I just got back (2 minutes before curfew, thanks to the un-lovely parking situation near Stephens Hall)from hanging out with a couple of my friends, and my heart is happy. Being with people who I can sit and talk to for hours is a blessing. It brings joy up to the surface of my soul, and I just have to smile.

And I realize as I write this that people affect me so much, so deeply. I don't think I'm overly ruled by peer pressure and the opinions of those around me; for the most part, I think I pretty well know who I am and what I believe. I don't totally know how to reconcile those truths, except to say that I think people are supposed to affect us. We're supposed to be encouraged by being with other Christians. That's community.

T.I.A. - This Is Arkansas. It's not Africa. I miss Africa, but God is blessing me so greatly here with this newfound community. And there's nowhere else that I'd rather be.

"If you say go, I will go. If you say stay, I will stay. If you say 'Step out on the water,' and they say it can't be done, I'll fix my eyes on you and I will come."

No comments:

Post a Comment