4/24/10

on running barefoot

The bottoms of my feet look like the surface of the moon. They are covered in calluses, blisters, bruises, and dirt stains that don't come off, no matter how hard I scrub.

Since I ditched the running shoes, road running is silent. Grass running is liberating. Track running turns my feet rather orange. Running in the rain is incredibly satisfying.

Overall, it's been great. Stepping on sharp rocks is a bit painful. I've gotten blisters, but they never go deep. I've walked barefoot most of the time since February to help my feet harden. I imagine that kind of preparation is probably necessary.

So I highly recommend being barefoot. :)

2 comments:

  1. You make my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running. It's one of my favorite things to do.

    And so is being barefoot. Living in a poor country makes one's feet hard.

    Also, I love dancing barefoot. :)

    ReplyDelete