9/27/09

wouldn't you say that life is beautiful?

The awesome extravagance of nature makes me want to fall down on my face and worship God, except that then I wouldn't be able to see the beauty. So instead I turn my face up to the sky and I can't keep the smile off my face. Being outside on a beautiful day is intoxicating to me.

Autumn is coming up here in middle America. I've lived right by the equator for most of my life, so season changes are something new for me. The days are getting shorter. The nights are getting longer. Leaves aren't staying on trees quite as well as they did a month ago. It's amazing. Most of the world dies every year, and from that death comes new life.

God, if there ever comes a time that I'm not in awe of your creation, strike me with lightning so I remember your glory. Help me marvel at your greatness. Remind me of the beauty in everyday life. Challenge me when I don't want to be challenged. Give me a new song, and create in me a clean heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment